Friday, July 6, 2007

Great Divide, Denver, CO


Great Divide Brewing Company (2201 Arapahoe Street,Denver, CO 80205 telephone:(303) 296-9460 ext. 26) www.greatdivide.com

Part two of the last full day of my vacation was a trip to Great Divide. I was a bit tired and loosing my happy buzz from Avery. I was struggling in the late afternoon to muster up enough energy to enjoy one more brewery tour. My motivator was the memory of tasting the Oak Aged Yeti at the Montreal Beer Festival. It had left a lasting impression.

The taps in the tasting room.

Proudly displaying their awards.

The Tour:



Yazoo was recommended by the guys at the brewery. We walked half a block up the street to a small take out place that specializes in dry rub barbeque. We'd had a lot of delicious, slow-cooked meats and barbeque on this trip. The diet begins tomorrow. It was a totally unassuming place. A plain counter in a tiny building with no airconditioning. The food was not my favorite bbq of the trip but it was also bbq of very different style than I had had so far so it was worth trying.

No comments: