Monday, April 16, 2007

Asahi Kuronama



This European-style dark lager was a gift from Sho Ozawa who is the rep for Asahi for Ontario & Quebec. While most people are familiar with the very popular Super Dry, not many are familar with Asahi's darker brother.



When I poured, it has a bit of a cascade and was very dark like Guiness. It had a good thick, bubbly head. It smelled of raisins, licorice and a tiny bit of smoke and coffee. It was light in body but it had a full taste not unlike Krostritser. It had a sweet, smooth flavour so I suspect that it would pair very well with oysters, mussels or a good barbeque pork. When I get a few more cans, I will have to test it with food!

For opinions posted by others please see: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/716/3969

1 comment:

lrgkatt said...

Surprisingly yucky. There really is a dark beer I don't like. Has Hell frozen over?